My mom used one of those “Teach Your Baby to Read” things when my brother and I were little, and thanks to that, we were both reading at a very young age. She always tells us that we were the only kids who could sign themselves in to preschool! A love of reading is one of the best gifts my parents gave to me, and I continue to have a voracious appetite for books to this day. You can read more about that love of reading here.
If I were to narrow it down to a MUST-READ list, here’s what would be on it:
- “Scary Close: Dropping the Act and Finding True Intimacy” by Donald Miller
- “24/6: A Prescription for a Happier, Healthier Life” by Matthew Sleeth
- “The Invention of Wings” by Sue Monk Kidd
- “Jesus Feminist: An Invitation to Revisit the Bible’s View of Women” by Sarah Bessey
- “Bittersweet: Thoughts on Change, Grace, and Learning the Hard Way” by Shauna Niequist
- “Knowledge of the Holy” by AW Tozer
- “I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn’t): Making the Journey from “What Will People Think?” to “I Am Enough” by Brene Brown
- “Carry On, Warrior: The Power of Embracing Your Messy, Beautiful Life” by Glennon Melton
- “The Screwtape Letters” by CS Lewis
- “Learning to Walk in the Dark” by Barbara Brown Taylor
- “Into the Wild” by Jon Krakauer
- “When the Heart Waits: Spiritual Direction for Life’s Sacred Questions” by Sue Monk Kidd
And here are a few reviews and posts about some great books. WAY more to come!
- Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist
- May and June 2014 Books
- Re-Reading Shauna Niequist’s first two books at 26
- Jesus Feminist by Sarah Bessey
- The Misinterpreted Gospel of Singleness by Khristi Adams
- Fight Back With Joy by Margaret Feinberg
I just applied to be an official BookLook Blogger, which means they send me free books as long as I post reviews of them! I’ll link my first one here ASAP!
If you’d like to check out what’s saved on my future reading lists, or know what I always want as gifts, you can find those here: