My last post was on my 29th birthday and it was a list of 10 things I couldn’t live without at that point.
So, in this – NOW 30 – season, here are some little ways of growing and thriving that I’m loving! 🙂
First off, I’m on day six of being sick, so here are my 3 SICK DAY Must-Haves:
1) Trader Joe’s Honey Lemon cough drops are only $1 and delightful. They are helping me survive this cough!
2) Cool Touch Kleenex are magical. They feel COLD and I don’t understand it but I have a box in my car and one next to my bed right now.
I was on vacation last week, and got to read and listen to some FASCINATING things! Here are the top 3:
1) TED Radio Hour show on The 5 Senses – this is the first of the TED radio hour shows I’ve listened to, but as soon as it was done, I downloaded a whole slew of other ones. It’s great! And this one about our senses was so fascinating, I learned so much from just tastes of 3 or 4 different TED talks that they introduce you to. Worth it just to hear the story of an astrophysicist who goes blind and decides to transcribe graph values as musical tones so that they can be studied by ear, since they no longer can be by sight. Amazing.
2) This Article about The Dark Knight on Relevant – basically support for why this is my favorite movie. And it’s written by Josh Pease, who is the best.
3) The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat by Oliver Sacks – I’ve had this book on my list for years, but I snagged a copy at Powell’s in Portland, and read it at every coffee shop and brewery I visited on vacation. Such an interesting collection of cases that he saw as a therapist, and the many ways that our psychology can go off the rails.
I’m all about building good habits in this season, and these 3 APPS have been a blessing:
1) If you’ve been around me recently, I’ve been little-miss-let-me-check-that-off-my-habit-building-app, and it’s such a good motivator! Plus, this one, called Done, is also beautiful and easy to set up. It’s helped me get down to one caffeinated drink per day, taking my vitamins daily, and remembering the practices that make my life better.
2) I’ve also been trying my feet at running this season, and I could never have gotten started without the Nike Run Club app. It has coached, guided runs, and they have every length and tempo you could want. It’s like having a coach without having to give up exercising alone – literally perfect! 🙂
3) Penzu – this was my way to upgrade from my “notes” app on my phone and computer, and help keep track of my writing a little better.
Finally, I’ve been trying to write more, so here are 3 things I’ve WRITTEN recently:
1) “So Far to Go: why minute 2, mile 2, and month 2 feel the longest” over at Medium.
2) “Make Peace, Don’t Just Keep It” over at She Rises.
3) “Women of the Bible: Deborah” also at SheRises.
Until next time!